From: pes on
Hi,

I want to test Microblaze processor with Xilinx tools.

After creating a MicroBlaze project with the Xilinx Platform Studio, the
application crashes. Same crash happens when I open this project.

I use Mandriva 2010 32b and Xilinx support doesn' t help me since I have
an unsupported OS.

I get this message with $dmesg after the crash :

xpsgui[21688]: segfault at 5 ip b60a2f38 sp bfbb7b60 error 4 in
libxml2.so.2.7.6[b6033000+135000]

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
From: Alan Fitch on
On 25/02/10 13:53, pes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to test Microblaze processor with Xilinx tools.
>
> After creating a MicroBlaze project with the Xilinx Platform Studio, the
> application crashes. Same crash happens when I open this project.
>
> I use Mandriva 2010 32b and Xilinx support doesn' t help me since I have
> an unsupported OS.
>
> I get this message with $dmesg after the crash :
>
> xpsgui[21688]: segfault at 5 ip b60a2f38 sp bfbb7b60 error 4 in
> libxml2.so.2.7.6[b6033000+135000]
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you

Plan A.
Install a supported OS inside a virtual machine (e.g. VMWare)

Plan B.

Find out the correct version of libxml2.so from a supported OS.
Get hold of a copy.
Put it in a directory.
Modify the Xilinx launch script to fiddle with LD_LIBRARY_PATH so your
"special place" is prepended.

No guarantees though...

regards
Alan