From: Kate Kelley on
Hey Sean,

Sorry for the late post and my guess is you have either given up or figured
out how to do this. Unroutes should not be happening by just adding
Partitions. If you want to try again, you might want to look at the number
of INFO and WARNING messages about constants on inputs and/or outputs and
also the number of unconnected outputs.

The goal for Partitions is to keep the implementation results regardless of
changes outside of the Partition. For that reason, we do not optimize any
constants or unusued outputs across the Partition boundary. Often, this can
cause more logic resulting in lower QoR. Sometimes this can cause
unroutes. We are looking at changing this in the future.

If you don't think this is the issue, I would really like to see the design
so we can improve our flow. The best way to do this is to file a webcase
so we can look at it.

The best documentation for the 12.1 flow is the HD Methodology Guide. It
is located at
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx12_1/Hierarchical_Design_Methodology_Guide.pdf.

Thanks,
Kate