From: Erland Sommarskog on
Johnny Persson (a(a)a.a) writes:
> Yes, below is a real example of one of our parsers. As far as I
> understand the node addressing is correct.. Or am I wrong? It has
> happened before :)

"Correct" and "best" are two different things.

> CROSS APPLY TG.T.nodes('C') AS TOS(T)
> CROSS APPLY TOS.T.nodes('D') AS TOO(T)

Here you should have /C and /D for best performance.

If you only specify C, XPath will return any node named C, not just top
nodes. And finding those takes more time.

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
From: Erland Sommarskog on
Johnny Persson (a(a)a.a) writes:
> I have now tried to shred the data in a C# console project. The
> performance gain is huge.
>
> Which is the best option to pass the data to the SQL server? Bulk load
> into a table variable or "send the data" through a table valued CLR
> method?

SqlBulkCopy or table-valued parameters if you are on SQL 2008.

From: Johnny Persson on
Ok,

thank you for all your answers. I will parse the xmls inside a
C#-project and pass the data through a table-valed parameter.

Thank you all, once again.

Regards
Johnny

On 2010-03-09 09:15, Erland Sommarskog wrote:
> Johnny Persson (a(a)a.a) writes:
>> I have now tried to shred the data in a C# console project. The
>> performance gain is huge.
>>
>> Which is the best option to pass the data to the SQL server? Bulk load
>> into a table variable or "send the data" through a table valued CLR
>> method?
>

> SqlBulkCopy or table-valued parameters if you are on SQL 2008.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Alter table
Next: SELECT SUBSTRING