From: Dr. Deb on
Dan C wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 17:50:05 -0600, Dr. Deb wrote:
>
>> A lot like Windows.
>
> Nope.
>
>> Looks pretty works lousy.
>
> Nope.
>
>> No "working" ndiswrapper
>
> Only a clueless Win-droid would use such a thing, anyway.
>
>> and the madwifi will not recognize my old Linksys card.
>
> I'm pretty sure 'madwifi' is deprecated, and that chipset is supported by
> a driver called 'ath5k' or 'ath9k' or something similar.
>
>> Ergo, I am dead in the water.
>
> No, just clueless.

Dan, having read several of your posts in the past, my only reply is:

Proverbs 26:4,5

Deb

From: Aragorn on
On Monday 02 November 2009 00:50 in alt.os.linux, somebody identifying
as Dr. Deb wrote...

> A lot like Windows. Looks pretty works lousy. No "working"
> ndiswrapper and the madwifi will not recognize my old Linksys card.
> Ergo, I am dead in the water.

Don't blame the plane for the pilot error... <grin>

--
*Aragorn*
(registered GNU/Linux user #223157)
From: shortT on
On Nov 1, 6:50 pm, "Dr. Deb" <debsm...(a)mon-cre.net> wrote:
> A lot like Windows.  Looks pretty works lousy.  No "working" ndiswrapper and
> the madwifi will not recognize my old Linksys card. Ergo, I am dead in the
> water.
>
> Deb

Slow as molasses in winter.