From: Eitan on
Check out Infowise Smart List Pro which can run on WSS 3.0 & MOSS 2007 (Supports SharePoint 2010 also).

Smart List Pro extends the SharePoint lists & document libraries, and gives them abilities like - field/column permissions, default values, rules, view permissions, tabbed interface and much more. With all of this you can get real form capabilities with SharePoint lists.

You can check it out on- http://www.infowisesolutions.com/product.aspx?id=SmartListPro

brad brad wrote:

Column View Permission
17-Mar-09

I presume you are looking for any solution including third party tools.
So, the only thing I know is this feature does not exist in Sharepoint. The expedient solution may be this third party tool like SharePoint Column View Permission from www.sharepointboost.com
Hope this helps

On Monday, September 17, 2007 12:15 PM
Adotek wrote:

Column Permissions
Hi,

Can someone please tell me if it is possible to assign permissions to
different columns for different users?

e.g:
- User A can edit columns 1, 2 and 3
- User B can only edit column 3

Perhaps through different views?

Any help will be much apreciated.

Thanks!
Simon.

On Monday, September 17, 2007 2:12 PM
Mike Walsh wrote:

You certainly can't do this at column (field) level whichever SP product you
You certainly can't do this at column (field) level whichever SP product
you have.

Is this WSS 2.0 or WSS 3.0 ? WSS 2.0 certainly doesn't allow security at
View level.

Mike Walsh
WSS FAQ http://www.wssfaq.com
no questions by e-mail please

Adotek wrote:

On Tuesday, September 18, 2007 4:58 AM
Adotek wrote:

Hi Mike,Thanks for your post. We are using WSS3.Simon.
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your post. We are using WSS3.

Simon.

On Tuesday, September 18, 2007 5:14 AM
Mike Walsh wrote:

Well I certainly can't find security per view for WSS 3.0 either.
Well I certainly can't find security per view for WSS 3.0 either. (Which
I've always assumed but had a feeling someone had corrected me when I
wrote that once).

So maybe I was confusing that with Alerts where you can have an Alert at
View level (which is different to the situation with WSS 2.0)

Mike Walsh

Adotek wrote:

On Tuesday, March 17, 2009 2:34 AM
brad brad wrote:

Column View Permission
I presume you are looking for any solution including third party tools.
So, the only thing I know is this feature does not exist in Sharepoint. The expedient solution may be this third party tool like SharePoint Column View Permission from www.sharepointboost.com
Hope this helps

XAML Organizer
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ac373a5d-e497-4e07-9186-12166e83a024/xaml-organizer.aspx