From: Clif McIrvin on
Outlook 2003

I suppose I'm missing something obvious.

I'm trying to set a custom form as the default form for one of my
folders, and I'm getting "You cannot create an item of this type in this
folder." when I try to select my custom form from the Folder Properties
General tab "When posting to this folder, use ...." control.

The custom form in question was created from a "New Message | Design
this form | ... | Publish Form | Personal Forms Library" sequence.

I can add the new form to the Folder Properties Forms tab, and it shows
up (and works as intended) from the Actions menu of that folder.

Shouldn't I be able to set my new form as the default form for that
folder, so that (at least) when I Reply to a message in that folder I
get my form instead of IPM.Note (the Outlook default)? Actually, what
I'd really like to do is have my form invoked when I type CTRL+N to
compose a new message.

What am I missing?

--
Clif

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
What folder are you trying to make the form for? You can't use custom forms
in the Inbox.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: Clif McIrvin on
My custom folder and the Inbox are at the same level of the tree under
"[Username] Folders". I probably created this folder from the "New
Folder" option of the "Move Message" dialog when moving a message from
the Inbox.

--
Clif

--
Clif

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
So it should allow you to set the form. This the form type the same as the
folder type?

From: Clif McIrvin on
Yeah, that's what I expected.

On the folder Properties General tab the type is Mail and Post items,
the default form is shown as IPM.Post; my form message class is
IPM.Post.MyFormName.

I notice that on the folder properties dialog most of the Administration
tab is greyed out (Initial view is the only available setting) and on
the Forms tab "Allow these forms in this folder" is greyed out. Is this
telling me there are some settings somewhere that need to be chagned?

--

--
Clif