From: Paul Peterson - Velox Consulting, LLC on
I have a simple formula that inserts a value in a cell from one spreadsheet
into the cell of another spreadsheet. If the source cell doesn't have a
value, the destination cell has a zero in the cell. I would like to display
a blank if the source cell doesn't contain a value - any ideas?

Paul C. Peterson
From: Jim Thomlinson on
=if(a1 = "", "", a1)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

From: Chip Pearson on

Instead of something like

=Sheet1!A1

use

=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

This says that if Sheet1!A1 is empty, return an empty string;
otherwise, return Sheet1!A1.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010