From: John Corliss on
Don't know if this has been mentioned here before, but I just found a
good Zip Code reference program named "Zipoid". It also lists area codes
in the U.S.:

http://www.freezipcode.com/

Yes, I know I can just go to the U.S. Postal Service website and look up
codes, but this program is handy for when I'm not online, allows reverse
lookup of Zip Codes and loads very quickly.

I downloaded the setup file and used Universal Extractor to extract it
to a subdirectory, renamed the "{app}" folder to "Zipoid", moved the
folder to where I wanted it and made a shortcut to the executable. This
saved me from having to run the setup. I guess they distribute the
program in a setup file so that the lowest common denominator can more
easily "install" the program, but basically it's a no-install program if
you do it the way I did. It does, however, save configuration settings
to the registry.

Up to now, I've been using an ancient, no longer available, out-of-date,
slow loading and installed program named "Zip Query". Now I can remove
that dinosaur from my computer.

--
John Corliss BS206. Because of all the Googlespam, I block all posts
sent through Google Groups. I also block as many posts from anonymous

No ad, CD, commercial, cripple, demo, nag, share, spy, time-limited,
trial or web wares OR warez for me, please.
From: za kAT on
On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 03:54:41 -0700, John Corliss wrote:

> Don't know

then *SHADDUP*
--
zakAT(a)pooh.the.cat - Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416.
Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for denigration!