From: Doc Shenley on
I've recently had difficulty with AVG updates preventing Firefox from going
online. Turns out that the problem is with Zone Alarm. Anyone having
similar problems should update Zone Alarm to the latest beta version.

From: Rob on
On 29/03/2010 11:49 AM, Doc Shenley wrote:
> I've recently had difficulty with AVG updates preventing Firefox from going
> online. Turns out that the problem is with Zone Alarm. Anyone having
> similar problems should update Zone Alarm to the latest beta version.

Thought ZA had a built in AV.
From: Doc Shenley on

"Rob" <mesamine(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 29/03/2010 11:49 AM, Doc Shenley wrote:
>> I've recently had difficulty with AVG updates preventing Firefox from
>> going
>> online. Turns out that the problem is with Zone Alarm. Anyone having
>> similar problems should update Zone Alarm to the latest beta version.
>>

> Thought ZA had a built in AV.

I'm talking about the basic, free versions of both AVG and ZA.

From: atec7 7 ""atec77 " on
Doc Shenley wrote:
> "Rob" <mesamine(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On 29/03/2010 11:49 AM, Doc Shenley wrote:
>>> I've recently had difficulty with AVG updates preventing Firefox from
>>> going
>>> online. Turns out that the problem is with Zone Alarm. Anyone having
>>> similar problems should update Zone Alarm to the latest beta version.
>>>

>> Thought ZA had a built in AV.
>
> I'm talking about the basic, free versions of both AVG and ZA.

remove it and install http://www.avira.com a better product in it's free
form
From: SolomonW on
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:04:20 +0800, Dyna Soar wrote:

>>> I'm talking about the basic, free versions of both AVG and ZA.
>
>> remove it and install http://www.avira.com a better product in it's
>> free form
>
> ZA has problems, but Avira is far from perfect...
>
> http://www.pcauthority.com.au/Review/169340,avira-antivir-personal.aspx

None are perfect, I had a machine running AVAST! suddenly it wiped our
accounting system and Microsoft excel when it falsely identified them as
virus infected.