From: Marvin42 on
A co-worker of mine just had the exact same problem. (I think the mouse was a
"Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000" or some such mouthful.) What we found was that
the ctrl-mousewheel zoom feature would work maybe 10% of the time; most of
the time the command would be ignored, or it would respond with something
like a half-second delay.

We fixed it by switching back to her old Dell/Microsoft super-basic corded
USB mouse. It works perfectly.

We used the same version of the Intellipoint driver, in Windows 7, for both
mice. The creaky old corded mouse worked; they shiny new wireless mouse did
not.

--
Marvin Long, Jr.