From: matt_sykes on
Hi all. Havent posted here for a while, but I wanted your opinion on
this issue. The codes OK, on local files these functions are fine,
but they all return DENIED on a network shared file.

There is an SMB2 conversation during this process with a
QUERY_INFORMATION Class=FileInfo sent to the system with the share,
which responds with STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED QUERY_INFORMATION.

From reading up in SMB (Microsoft call it CIFS) I saw this: "Each
server makes a set of shared resources available to clients on the
network. A resource being shared may be a directory tree, a printer, a
named pipe, or other object. The CIFS protocol requires server
authentication of users before resource accesses are allowed. Each
server authenticates its own users."

I imagine the problem is because the kernel has not been authorised in
the same way as the shell once the user owning that share has logged
on. What is your take on this?

Thx