From: AussieRules on
Hi,

I have an application that uses resource files to contain the string values
for each language.

I have created the required resource files in my project, but I don't speak
the languages I wish to have resources for.

What I would like to do, is somehow allow the end user to edit the resource
file themselves so they can set the string values as needed.

Is there a way to edit the resource files that ship with my application and
get installed ?

or

Is there a way to have external resource files (not embedded into my
application) that can be updated/replaced with out the need to reinstall my
application.

Thanks

From: Cor Ligthert[MVP] on
That is exactly the reason why many avoid the inbuilt language parts and use
an external XML file with a nice class to set the correct language according
to the user system settings.

An XML dataset is very fine for this.

From: AussieRules on
Hi,

Thanks for your advice....

Any places or samples you are aware of that I can see how to do this ?

Again, thanks