From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Juarez" <jua(a)rez.invalid>

| On 08/04/2010 6:10 PM, David H. Lipman wrote:

>> You can run the following command lines to stop and remove the service.

>> sc stop "a2antimalware"
>> sc delete "a2antimalware"

| What does 'sc' mean? I've always used 'net stop' to stop a service from
| running and 'net start' to start it running again.
| Example; net stop "Messenger" /Y
| net start "Messenger" /Y

SC.EXE does more extensve work with NT Services. NET.EXE can only stop or start a
service. It can't change the configuration or delete a service.

--
Dave

From: Juarez on
On 09/04/2010 1:22 PM, David H. Lipman wrote:

> SC.EXE does more extensve work with NT Services. NET.EXE can only stop or start a
> service. It can't change the configuration or delete a service.

Thanks, now I know what to do the next time some app that installs a
service doesn't uninstall cleanly and want the service removed that was
left behind. I create .bat files for services that I don't want or need
running all the time because I have a couple of them that think they
should be loaded all the time when there is no need for it. I have this
game called ARCA and it loads a DRM service into memory all the time and
I hardly ever run the game so use net stop/start to load/unload when I
need it only.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: FREE HELP DESK SOFTWARE