From: Tony Johansson on
Hi!

I just wonder if it is something that is used this .NET framework
configuration tool to manage the CAS
or it just anything that probably is just very rarely.

I have never personaly used this NET framework configuration tool to manage
the CAS.

//Tony

From: Alberto Poblacion on
"Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson(a)telia.com> wrote in message
> I just wonder if it is something that is used this .NET framework
> configuration tool to manage the CAS
> or it just anything that probably is just very rarely.
>
> I have never personaly used this NET framework configuration tool to
> manage the CAS.

It is something that the administrator would use. For instance, in a
corporate environment you deploy an executable file to a network server, and
then you want the workstations to run it from the server. The program will
crash with a SecurityException, as soon as it tries (for instance) to write
on disk or to access a database. The administrator can use the configuration
tool to create a policy with appropriate CAS permissions. The same tool can
then generate a .msi file to replicate those permissions. This .msi is then
be pushed to all workstations that need it by means of an Active Directory
configuration.