From: rahul on
I have a .dll project.

When I put a breakpoint in a file of .dll project the execution
pointer does not match with souce code.
Frame work shows YELLOW pointer (current execution line) at line there
is no source code available.

I have rebuild dll and check same dll is executed for which i have
built souce code .

Is there any thing I am missing?
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
What version of VS are you using?
joe

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 00:57:49 -0700 (PDT), rahul <hyrahul64(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>I have a .dll project.
>
>When I put a breakpoint in a file of .dll project the execution
>pointer does not match with souce code.
>Frame work shows YELLOW pointer (current execution line) at line there
>is no source code available.
>
>I have rebuild dll and check same dll is executed for which i have
>built souce code .
>
>Is there any thing I am missing?
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: David Ching on
"rahul" <hyrahul64(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a .dll project.
>
> When I put a breakpoint in a file of .dll project the execution
> pointer does not match with souce code.
> Frame work shows YELLOW pointer (current execution line) at line there
> is no source code available.
>
> I have rebuild dll and check same dll is executed for which i have
> built souce code .
>
> Is there any thing I am missing?

Open Debug | Windows | Modules and search the list for your .dll and make
sure the symbols are correctly loaded. Also make sure the full path the DLL
is the most current one.

-- David

From: rahul on
On Mar 23, 11:19 pm, "David Ching" <d...(a)remove-this.dcsoft.com>
wrote:
> "rahul" <hyrahu...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I have a .dll  project.
>
> > When I put a breakpoint in a file of .dll project the execution
> > pointer does not match with souce code.
> > Frame work shows YELLOW pointer (current execution line) at line there
> > is no  source code available.
>
> > I have rebuild dll and check same dll is executed for which i have
> > built souce code .
>
> > Is there any thing I am missing?
>
> Open Debug | Windows | Modules and search the list for your .dll and make
> sure the symbols are correctly loaded.  Also make sure the full path the DLL
> is the most current one.
>
> -- David

I am using VS.NET 2003 and VC 6.0.

I have managed this problem by shifting entire function (which I want
to debug) at the starting of the file.
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Of course, it would have helped A LOT if you had said you were using a dead development
system at the start of this communication.

In VS6, you have to go into the debugging tab and tell it what DLLs to preload, so it can
set the breakpoints. Later versions are smart enough to figure this out.
joe

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 00:47:20 -0700 (PDT), rahul <hyrahul64(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mar 23, 11:19�pm, "David Ching" <d...(a)remove-this.dcsoft.com>
>wrote:
>> "rahul" <hyrahu...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > I have a .dll �project.
>>
>> > When I put a breakpoint in a file of .dll project the execution
>> > pointer does not match with souce code.
>> > Frame work shows YELLOW pointer (current execution line) at line there
>> > is no �source code available.
>>
>> > I have rebuild dll and check same dll is executed for which i have
>> > built souce code .
>>
>> > Is there any thing I am missing?
>>
>> Open Debug | Windows | Modules and search the list for your .dll and make
>> sure the symbols are correctly loaded. �Also make sure the full path the DLL
>> is the most current one.
>>
>> -- David
>
>I am using VS.NET 2003 and VC 6.0.
>
>I have managed this problem by shifting entire function (which I want
>to debug) at the starting of the file.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com