From: transkawa on

I checked the last printing of Abramowitz and Stegun's handbook of
mathematical functions, with formulas, graphs and mathematical table;
the last printing, the 10th precisely, was in 1972.
Is the handbook still relevant or can i get something better for
mathematical formulas, graphs and tables?
xnt
--
happy are those who have endured
for they shall reap bountifully
From: Chip Eastham on
On Aug 13, 10:40 am, transkawa <transk...(a)yahoo.fr> wrote:
> I checked the last printing of Abramowitz and Stegun's handbook of
> mathematical functions, with formulas, graphs and mathematical table;
> the last printing, the 10th precisely, was in 1972.
> Is the handbook still relevant or can i get something better for
> mathematical formulas, graphs and tables?
> xnt
> --
> happy are those who have endured
> for they shall reap bountifully
> --the gospel according to an avatar

NIST updated that publication earlier this year and
created a "digital" companion online here:

[NIST Digital Library of Mathematical Functions]
http://dlmf.nist.gov/

When I looked through the online materials I thought
the depth of coverage varied quite a bit with the
topic area, a sentiment echoed by another poster
here at the time. Check for yourself...

regards, chip