From: Marshall Barton on
Originally, you said "it asks for input on any field
contained in the form", but now you are saying that only one
subreport (record source query?) is exhibiting the problem.
Please try to be precise when describing what you have and
what is happening.

I still don't see the code in your "routine"

When you say the query "is bombing", what actually happens?

If you are prompted for something, it means that that
something is misspelled or the name of the form or control
can not be found.
--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

From: Daryl S on
Patrick -

Can you post the statement for running the query?

--
Daryl S

From: Patrick Hatton on
I used the one as an example. The sub-report control source is a query.
That query uses another query that has the parameter listed. If I run this
query manully with the form open, it pulls back good data. Letting the query
run as the report is opened prompts for the data. This same problem exist on
other queries in other sub-reports that are looking for data contained in
another form. By bombing, I am refering to the prompt, as in, not working as
expected.

From: Patrick Hatton on
Daryl,

My apologies, I am using the term code too loosely. There is code that runs
a report. The report is made up of 8 sub-reports. The sub-report control
source is a query that uses another query that tries to pull dates from an
open form. When the query is run during the report process it will prompt
for data vs running the query manually.

From: Daryl S on
Patrick -

When you run the reports, is the form open? If not, open it before running
the reports.

Also, are you using any cross-tab queries in your reports? They have issues
with some parameters which require you to define the fieldtype within the
queries with the parameters (even though you are pulling the data from a
form, you can define these as parameters, e.g.
[forms]![frmreportform]![startmonth] can be a parameter name.

Just to clarify. If the form is open, you can run the query that contains
the parameters with no problem. Can you run the query that is in the
subreport without a problem (the one based on the initial query)? The report
itself never runs without asking for the parameters, even if the form is open?

--
Daryl S