From: Greg on
I have gotten very confused. Nothing New. I have a new desktop computer with
windows 7 and office 2007(Access,Excel,Etc). I am using Outlook for email and
my web browser is Explorer.
On my old machine I used to go to Newsgroups through through Outlook express
but my dsl/ISP provider ATT blocked Newsgroups.So I have not been able to
access newsgroups for some time.
Now With my new machine I would like to access the Microsoft public
newsgroups for ACCESS and EXCEL, ETC.
Now I understand Microsoft has established forums instead of newsgroups and
has provided a way to access newsgroups/forums via Explorer rather than
Outlook.

CAN anyone give an old man some simple steps to allow me to access the old
Microsoft newsgroups (I would like to be able to ask questions in some of
these newsgroups).

Thank You,
Greg
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
And your Windows Update question would be...?

MS dropped all of the Access newsgroups [1] on 01 June 2010. On 01 July,
Windows Update newsgroup will bite the bullet, too!

cf. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

Visio, Project, InfoPath, and Access forums (yes, all in one!)
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addbuz/threads

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[1] microsoft.public.access

microsoft.public.access.3rdpartyusrgrp

microsoft.public.access.activexcontrol

microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver

microsoft.public.access.commandbarsui

microsoft.public.access.conversion

microsoft.public.access.dataaccess.pages

microsoft.public.access.developers.toolkitode

microsoft.public.access.devtoolkits

microsoft.public.access.externaldata

microsoft.public.access.forms

microsoft.public.access.formscoding

microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted

microsoft.public.access.internet

microsoft.public.access.interopoledde

microsoft.public.access.macros

microsoft.public.access.modulescoding

microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba

microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba.ado

microsoft.public.access.multiuser

microsoft.public.access.odbcclientsvr

microsoft.public.access.queries

microsoft.public.access.replication

microsoft.public.access.reports

microsoft.public.access.security

microsoft.public.access.setupconfig

microsoft.public.access.sqlupsizing

microsoft.public.access.tablesdbdesign

Greg wrote:
> I have gotten very confused. Nothing New. I have a new desktop computer
> with
> windows 7 and office 2007(Access,Excel,Etc). I am using Outlook for email
> and my web browser is Explorer.
> On my old machine I used to go to Newsgroups through through Outlook
> express
> but my dsl/ISP provider ATT blocked Newsgroups.So I have not been able to
> access newsgroups for some time.
> Now With my new machine I would like to access the Microsoft public
> newsgroups for ACCESS and EXCEL, ETC.
> Now I understand Microsoft has established forums instead of newsgroups
> and
> has provided a way to access newsgroups/forums via Explorer rather than
> Outlook.
>
> CAN anyone give an old man some simple steps to allow me to access the old
> Microsoft newsgroups (I would like to be able to ask questions in some of
> these newsgroups).
>
> Thank You,
> Greg

Pages: 1