From: JB on
Thank you everybody, but my feeling is that this is a hardware problem

What I really need to know is whether acpiec can be related to overheating
or battery problems.

Thank you

JB

From: HeyBub on
JB wrote:
> My laptop is crashing and I get a black screen but it is not off. In
> fact, when I press the start button for more than 4 secs to switch it
> off, nothing happens. I am forced to take the battery out, before it
> switches off.
>
> Event viewer mentions acpiec. Could this have anything to do with the
> battery?
>
> Thank you

"The problem seems to be known, though rare-a chatty ACPI Embedded
Controller chip and Windows XP..."

And, yes, it does have something to do with the battery and temperature.

See
http://winhlp.com/node/43

From: John John - MVP on
Maybe you should contact Toshiba.