From: kelly on
I've got action items from various meetings each in their own 'meeting' tab.
The problem is, when a new meeting tab is created, or an old one is updated
with a new action, the person assigned to the actions won't know about it
unless they hunt for it (and most times they arent aware of it until it is
too late!)

Is there anyway to create something where each persons' actions (from the
entire workbook) can be sorted out and that would automatically update when a
new entry was made with their particular name assigned to the task?

I am using Office 2003 by the way...
From: Jim Thomlinson on
The short answer is no. There is nothing easy to do what you are asking.
Generally speaking XL is not the correct tool for what you are trying to do.
A database really would be a much better solution. Your situation being what
it is however you could try consolidating all of the meeting tabs into a
single tab using code from the link below. Then it would just be a matter of
filtering the data...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc793964.aspx
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

From: Herbert Seidenberg on
Excel 2007 Tables
Tables are now dynamic in both dimensions,
and are location independent.
Consolidate, filter and concatenate
with macros that use Table references,
not "A1:B10" or "R1C1: R10C2" .