From: news.astraweb.com on
Hi,

I just installed activeTcl on Linux.
On windows activeTcl comes with a very nice help system in HTML format.

Is this included in the Linux package?
If so, where do I find it?

I really like that HTML help system.

Sincerely,

russ(a)else.net

From: Aric Bills on
On Jun 24, 5:00 pm, "news.astraweb.com" <r...(a)else.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed activeTcl on Linux.
> On windows activeTcl comes with a very nice help system in HTML format.
>
> Is this included in the Linux package?
> If so, where do I find it?
>
> I really like that HTML help system.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> r...(a)else.net

You used to be able to download the HTML files onto your computer, and
from there you can just view them in your favorite browser. I'm not
sure ActiveState still lets you download the documentation, but you
can access it online: http://docs.activestate.com/ . Alternatively,
HTML help for Tcl and Tk can be downloaded from Sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/ .
From: Russell Treleaven on
On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 19:04 -0700, Aric Bills wrote:

> You used to be able to download the HTML files onto your computer, and
> from there you can just view them in your favorite browser. I'm not
> sure ActiveState still lets you download the documentation, but you
> can access it online: http://docs.activestate.com/ . Alternatively,
> HTML help for Tcl and Tk can be downloaded from Sourceforge:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/ .

I just copied the appropriate chm file over from a windows install and
now I have the exact help that I want.

russ(a)else.net

From: Jeff Hobbs on
On Jun 24, 11:18 pm, Russell Treleaven <r...(a)else.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 19:04 -0700, Aric Bills wrote:
>
> > You used to be able to download the HTML files onto your computer, and
> > from there you can just view them in your favorite browser.  I'm not
> > sure ActiveState still lets you download the documentation, but you
> > can access it online:http://docs.activestate.com/.  Alternatively,
> > HTML help for Tcl and Tk can be downloaded from Sourceforge:
> >http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/.
>
> I just copied the appropriate chm file over from a windows install and
> now I have the exact help that I want.

You can also find it in the direct releases area, e.g.
http://downloads.activestate.com/ActiveTcl/releases/8.5.8.2/ActiveTcl8.5.8.2.292682-html.tar.gz
for the latest, but that doesn't get linked into the binary downloads
table.

Jeff