From: Luuk on
Op 26-07-10 20:30, Evertjan. schreef:
> Denis McMahon wrote on 26 jul 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:
>
>> On 26/07/10 17:00, Rob Christiansen wrote:
>>>
>>> i'm revising my *.mdb file
>>
>> I think that's a proprietary database file format used by microsoft. As
>> far as I recall, you can use visual basic to assemble sql statements to
>> make any changes to the database, or you can use the access graphical
>> interface.
>>
>> I'm not sure what this has to do with javascript?
>
> ADO-commands, using SQL-strings, can be used using serverside [classic ASP]
> Javascript script to extract data from, enter data into and otherwise
> manipulate .mdb files on a server. The same can be done locally with
> Javascript scripts on Cscript/Wscript, or in a relaxed security browser, I
> think.
>
> However, saying that this NG therefore is the on topic place for ADO-
> related Qs, is a bit to much in my view.
>
> A classic ASP NG, like news:microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general seems
> more appropriate, if the OP is prepared to show a certain minimum of ADO-
> awareness and study, perhaps starting here as an example:
> <http://aspjavascript.com/lesson18.asp>
>
> Usenet NGs are not paid helpdesks, after all.

i thought Microsoft closed theis newsgroups.....

But this one you are referring to seems to still exists....

(according to: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/)

From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Gregor Kofler wrote:

> Rob Christiansen meinte:
>> i'm revising my *.mdb file so that each record will hold a memo feild.
>> At presernt I can't even get my program to work with memo. Searching web
>> for help doesn't work. Okay, so i need help figuring out this type-memo
>> data
>> feild. You say i can't find it here. So where? Please help me.
>
> Who? Wot? Flesh out the relevance of your question in an ECMA/JavaScript
> newsgroup.

You do realize that the majority of Developersdex' users, if not all of
them, don't know what they are doing, let alone where they are posting to,
thanks to their faking a Web forum with a botched Web-to-Usenet interface,
don't you? Simply UDP `@news.qwest.net' and your life will be better.

HTH

PointedEars
--
realism: HTML 4.01 Strict
evangelism: XHTML 1.0 Strict
From: Evertjan. on
Luuk wrote on 26 jul 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:
I wrote:
>> A classic ASP NG, like news:microsoft.public.inetserver.asp

> i thought Microsoft closed theis newsgroups.....
>
> But this one you are referring to seems to still exists....
>
> (according to: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/)

They seem to live on on Usenet as orphans just fine,
being disinherited by big daddy M$$$.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.