From: Rob Christiansen on

i'm revising my *.mdb file so that each record will hold a memo feild.
At presernt I can't even get my program to work with memo. Searching web
for help doesn't work. Okay, so i need help figuring out this type-memo
data
feild. You say i can't find it here. So where? Please help me.

crazyswede

From: Evertjan. on
Rob Christiansen wrote on 26 jul 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

> i'm revising my *.mdb file so that each record will hold a memo feild.
> At presernt I can't even get my program to work with memo. Searching web
> for help doesn't work. Okay, so i need help figuring out this type-memo
> data
> feild.

field

> You say i can't find it here.

Who said that?

What is "here"?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
From: Gregor Kofler on
Am 2010-07-26 18:00, Rob Christiansen meinte:

> i'm revising my *.mdb file so that each record will hold a memo feild.
> At presernt I can't even get my program to work with memo. Searching web
> for help doesn't work. Okay, so i need help figuring out this type-memo
> data
> feild. You say i can't find it here. So where? Please help me.

Who? Wot? Flesh out the relevance of your question in an ECMA/JavaScript
newsgroup.

Gregor

--
http://vxjs.gregorkofler.com
From: Denis McMahon on
On 26/07/10 17:00, Rob Christiansen wrote:

> i'm revising my *.mdb file

I think that's a proprietary database file format used by microsoft. As
far as I recall, you can use visual basic to assemble sql statements to
make any changes to the database, or you can use the access graphical
interface.

I'm not sure what this has to do with javascript?

Rgds

Denis McMahon
From: Evertjan. on
Denis McMahon wrote on 26 jul 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

> On 26/07/10 17:00, Rob Christiansen wrote:
>>
>> i'm revising my *.mdb file
>
> I think that's a proprietary database file format used by microsoft. As
> far as I recall, you can use visual basic to assemble sql statements to
> make any changes to the database, or you can use the access graphical
> interface.
>
> I'm not sure what this has to do with javascript?

ADO-commands, using SQL-strings, can be used using serverside [classic ASP]
Javascript script to extract data from, enter data into and otherwise
manipulate .mdb files on a server. The same can be done locally with
Javascript scripts on Cscript/Wscript, or in a relaxed security browser, I
think.

However, saying that this NG therefore is the on topic place for ADO-
related Qs, is a bit to much in my view.

A classic ASP NG, like news:microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general seems
more appropriate, if the OP is prepared to show a certain minimum of ADO-
awareness and study, perhaps starting here as an example:
<http://aspjavascript.com/lesson18.asp>

Usenet NGs are not paid helpdesks, after all.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.