From: gma on
i need a formula in cell A1 to total cell C1 and everyother column after that
i.e. E1,G1 ect
i need a formula in cell B1 to total cell D1 and everyother column after
that i.e. F1,H1 ect
how do i do that?
From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
=SUMPRODUCT(MOD(COLUMN(C1:S1),2),C1:S1) in A1
=SUMPRODUCT(MOD(COLUMN(D1:T1)-1,2),D1:T1) in B1

Adjust the ranges to suit.
--
David Biddulph

From: ryguy7272 on
I'm on a new computer now; Office not installed yet so I can't try this and
show you how it works, but I assume you can see the samples here and replace
the 'Row' with 'Column':
http://www.mrexcel.com/td0066.html

Or, look here:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/sumeverynth.html

--
Ryan---

From: FSt1 on
hi
you are wanting to sum everyother column ie even numberd column and odd
numbered columns. your columns may have letters but excel can display them as
numbered columns. A,C,E,G etc are odd. B,D,F,H are even.
tools>options>general tab>check R1C1 reference style to see what i mean.
to sum odd columns, in A1 use this fomula.....
=SUMPRODUCT((MOD(COLUMN(C1:M1),2)=1)*(C1:M1))
adjust ranges to suit your data.
to sum even columns, in B1 use this formula.....
=SUMPRODUCT((MOD(COLUMN(D1:M1),2)=0)*(D1:M1))

regards
FSt1

From: gma on
leave it up to me to screw up the question....the formula you gave me works
great but instead of me needing to add every other column, i need the formula
to add every third column. how do i do that?