From: micayael on
Hi.

I'm trying to use adodb for postgres. I had instaled in ubuntu 9.10
the adodb and psycopg2 module (sudo apt-get install python-adodb
python-psycopg2) but when I put this

import adodb
print adodb.NewADOConnection('postgres') --> None

but with

print adodb.NewADOConnection('mysql') -->
<adodb.adodb_mysql.adodb_mysql instance at 0xb66b5a0c>
From: Thomas Jollans on
On 07/13/2010 09:55 PM, micayael wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to use adodb for postgres. I had instaled in ubuntu 9.10
> the adodb and psycopg2 module (sudo apt-get install python-adodb
> python-psycopg2) but when I put this
>
> import adodb
> print adodb.NewADOConnection('postgres') --> None
>
> but with
>
> print adodb.NewADOConnection('mysql') -->
> <adodb.adodb_mysql.adodb_mysql instance at 0xb66b5a0c>

http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/python-adodb

Recommends: python-psycopg (Package not available)

If it says it wants psycopg, I wouldn't expect it to work with psycopg2,
which is probably quite different in some way - otherwise it would be
called the same.

- Thomas
From: micayael on
On Jul 13, 5:35 pm, Thomas Jollans <tho...(a)jollans.com> wrote:
> On 07/13/2010 09:55 PM, micayael wrote:
>
> > Hi.
>
> > I'm trying to use adodb for postgres. I had instaled in ubuntu 9.10
> > the adodb and psycopg2 module (sudo apt-get install python-adodb
> > python-psycopg2) but when I put this
>
> > import adodb
> > print adodb.NewADOConnection('postgres') --> None
>
> > but with
>
> > print adodb.NewADOConnection('mysql') -->
> > <adodb.adodb_mysql.adodb_mysql instance at 0xb66b5a0c>
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/python-adodb
>
> Recommends: python-psycopg (Package not available)
>
> If it says it wants psycopg, I wouldn't expect it to work with psycopg2,
> which is probably quite different in some way - otherwise it would be
> called the same.
>
>  - Thomas

Thanks Thomas.
:-( then adodb today dosn't work with postgres (at least on ubuntu)
right?
From: Thomas Jollans on
On 07/14/2010 02:14 PM, micayael wrote:
> On Jul 13, 5:35 pm, Thomas Jollans <tho...(a)jollans.com> wrote:
>> On 07/13/2010 09:55 PM, micayael wrote:
>>
>>> Hi.
>>
>>> I'm trying to use adodb for postgres. I had instaled in ubuntu 9.10
>>> the adodb and psycopg2 module (sudo apt-get install python-adodb
>>> python-psycopg2) but when I put this
>>
>>> import adodb
>>> print adodb.NewADOConnection('postgres') --> None
>>
>>> but with
>>
>>> print adodb.NewADOConnection('mysql') -->
>>> <adodb.adodb_mysql.adodb_mysql instance at 0xb66b5a0c>
>>
>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/python-adodb
>>
>> Recommends: python-psycopg (Package not available)
>>
>> If it says it wants psycopg, I wouldn't expect it to work with psycopg2,
>> which is probably quite different in some way - otherwise it would be
>> called the same.
>>
>> - Thomas
>
> Thanks Thomas.
> :-( then adodb today dosn't work with postgres (at least on ubuntu)
> right?

It certainly looks that way. It may be possible to install an old
psycopg module by hand - I'd expect that to work as well.
From: Mladen Gogala on
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 20:04:59 +0200, Thomas Jollans wrote:

> It certainly looks that way. It may be possible to install an old
> psycopg module by hand - I'd expect that to work as well.

Not on Ubuntu 9.10:

checking PostgreSQL type catalog... /usr/include/postgresql/catalog/
pg_type.h
checking for mxDateTime.h... configure: error: can't build without mx
headers
mgogala(a)nycwxp2622:/tmp/psycopg-1.1.21$

ADOdb package for PostgreSQL is broken and needs fixing.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com