From: undisclosed on

Hi,

What you have explained in this post is basically the exact symptoms of
my computer sleath intrustion privacy threat etc. all pop up warnings
coming from windows xp internet security. I would just like to know what
the solution was this thread seems to just end with you saying you spoke
to microsoft and after 3 hours it ot solved.

I suspected the xp internet security immediately as no virus scanner
can scan as quickly as that it took about 3 mins for it to find 25
threats. then i did a scan with spyware doctor and it found a threat
called rougue.antivirusXP. My last resort will be to format my computer
but hopefully this thread will provide some answer. After the spydoctor
scan was complete and the computer rebooted but immediatly xp internet
security poped up on screen again so this did not solve the problem.

Thanks in Advance for any help with this issue.
Phil

--
philberto
From: Elmo on
undisclosed wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What you have explained in this post is basically the exact symptoms of
> my computer sleath intrustion privacy threat etc. all pop up warnings
> coming from windows xp internet security. I would just like to know what
> the solution was this thread seems to just end with you saying you spoke
> to Microsoft and after 3 hours it was solved.
>
> I suspected the xp internet security immediately as no virus scanner
> can scan as quickly as that it took about 3 mins for it to find 25
> threats. then i did a scan with spyware doctor and it found a threat
> called rougue.antivirusXP. My last resort will be to format my computer
> but hopefully this thread will provide some answer. After the spydoctor
> scan was complete and the computer rebooted but immediately XP internet
> security popped up on screen again so this did not solve the problem.
>
> Thanks in Advance for any help with this issue.
> Phil

Well, there are hundreds of references to Malwarebytes in this one
newsgroup, and four to six in this thread alone.. maybe you could try:

Malwarebytes© Corporation

and

SuperAntispyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

--
Joe =o)
From: SunaScorpion on

"jock" wrote:

> Contacted microsoft support and after 3 hrs. on the phone resolved the
> problem. Lookout for :AV.exe." Lethal!!!!!!!
> --
> jock

Any chance you remember what they told you? I'm having the same problem. Any
help would be appreciated.
From: VanguardLH on
SunaScorpion wrote:

> "jock" wrote:
>
>> Contacted microsoft support and after 3 hrs. on the phone resolved the
>> problem. Lookout for :AV.exe." Lethal!!!!!!!
>> --
>> jock
>
> Any chance you remember what they told you? I'm having the same problem. Any
> help would be appreciated.

You can't read the post? Just what does it say to lookout for?
From: Elmo on
SunaScorpion wrote:

> "jock" wrote:
>
>> Contacted Microsoft support and after 3 hrs. on the phone resolved the
>> problem. Lookout for :AV.exe." Lethal!!!!!!!
>> --
>> jock
>
> Any chance you remember what they told you? I'm having the same problem. Any
> help would be appreciated.

Press Ctrl/Alt-Delete and stop AV.exe from running. Stop any other
process that will stop, unless you know some belong there, and then
Malwarebytes will possibly update and run. If not, try the same thing
in Safe Mode.

If you stop the wrong process and the system is disabled, restart and
try again, ignoring the process that caused problems during the previous
attempt. Usually, no Svchost.exe process will stop. But you might find
Sychost.exe running, and it's malicious.. intended to look like the
other legitimate service. Don't stop Explorer.exe, though it would
probably restart itself if you did.

--
Joe =o)