From: Newbie on
Hello,

We just created one IIS for internal user.
The IP address is 192.168.100.250.
When we browse http://192.168.100.250, the system always pop up a screen,
ask our user name and password.
Can we get rid of this?

Thanks
From: Great123 on
Hi

Check Anonymous access in IIS

--
Great

From: Dan on

"Newbie" <Newbie(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We just created one IIS for internal user.
> The IP address is 192.168.100.250.
> When we browse http://192.168.100.250, the system always pop up a screen,
> ask our user name and password.
> Can we get rid of this?
>
> Thanks

If you need authentication enabled, what browser is the user using? If IE,
add http://192.68.100.250 to the Local Intranet zone using the Advanced
button (make sure the HTTPS requirement is unticked). The other option is to
use DNS to map the IP address to a hostname that doesn't include a . (eg.
http://mysite ) as this will make IE treat the site as being in the Local
Intranet zone automatically with the default zone settings.

--
Dan

From: Newbie on
Hello,

Yes, we checked Anonymous access in IIS.

We can do http://server01 no problem at all.
We just can't use http://192.168.100.250

We forward port 80 from router to 192.168.100.250
Server01 IP address is 192.168.100.250.
We like to browse server01 from outside.

Thanks

From: Ken Schaefer on
You are getting confused with your requirements.

Do you want to enable "Anonymous Access"? This means that *no* user
credentials are required to be supplied by end users?

Or, do you want to force end users to supply valid Windows credentials, but
you don't want a pop-up to appear on the screen?

The two options are very different.

To allow the first, enable "Anonymous Authentication" in IIS. Disable the
other authentication options. Ensure that the configured Anonymous user
account which IIS will impersonate for NTFS file access has Read (RX)
permissions to the files/folders in your website

To allow the second, configure your browser appropriately. Here are
instructions for IE: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=258063.
Mozilla/Firefox can be configured by editing the config file. Additionally,
disable Anonymous Authentication in IIS, and enable Integrated Windows
Authentication.

Cheers
Ken

--
http://adOpenStatic.com/blog

> Hello,
>
> Yes, we checked Anonymous access in IIS.
>
> We can do http://server01 no problem at all.
> We just can't use http://192.168.100.250
>
> We forward port 80 from router to 192.168.100.250
> Server01 IP address is 192.168.100.250.
> We like to browse server01 from outside.
>
> Thanks
>

> "Great123" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Check Anonymous access in IIS
>>

>> --
>> Great
>>

>> "Newbie" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > We just created one IIS for internal user.
>> > The IP address is 192.168.100.250.
>> > When we browse http://192.168.100.250, the system always pop up a
>> > screen,
>> > ask our user name and password.