From: Bruce Hagen on
In OE go to: Tools | Options | Security and set OE to the Restricted Zone.
That should remove active scripting and do away with the error messages.

If that doesn't do it, post the entire error message verbatim.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: VanguardLH on
S1L1Y1 wrote:

> I get the following message when I open some emails in Outlook Express "an
> error occurred in the script on this page". I did a Google search but the
> only solution I found were for Internet Explorer or To print an email but
> not when scrolling my messages in outlook express/
> sol

Why did you use the FollowUp-To header? You have it pointing to the same
newsgroup to which you posted. There are few rare occasions when this
header is appropriate to use, and having it point at the same newsgroup is
NOT one of them. Don't use headers that you don't understand their effect
or purpose.

Why do you have e-mails rendered under the Internet security zone in Outlook
Express? For security reasons, ALL e-mails should be rendered under the
Restricted Sites security zone. That eliminates nasties that malcontents
can put into e-mails, like scripts. The Restricted Sites security zone
won't let scripts run. So configure the security options in OE to use the
Restricted Sites security zone.

You might also want to go to Internet Options -> Security tab and reset the
Restricted Sites security zone to make sure you, another user, or malware
hasn't reduced the limitations of the Restricted Sites security zone.
From: Michael Santovec on
Tools, Options, Security make sure that OE is set to the restricted
zone. This is the default.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
OE Tools | Options | Security | Restricted Sites zone (check/enable this
option)

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
[X-post to OE General]

cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general/msg/9fed97a1736b9b55?dmode=source

Why did you set Followup To for WinXP General when you originally posted in
OE General?