From: afdmello on
I have an animation.gif file which is an animation. when I copy and paste it
into another pp show and save the file the gif file is only a blank
square.in pp 2007

What may be causing this??
afd

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <ufH0rbNrKHA.4236(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Afdmello wrote:
> I have an animation.gif file which is an animation. when I copy and paste it
> into another pp show and save the file the gif file is only a blank
> square.in pp 2007

Does it look/work ok after you copy and paste? That is, does the problem begin
then or after you save it?

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: afdmello on
after I save it as a powerpoint show with a password

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <uN2QlRXrKHA.4752(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Afdmello wrote:
> after I save it as a powerpoint show with a password

The password shouldn't affect anything but saving it can ... PowerPoint 2007
compresses images by default; it doesn't ask your permission to toss out your
data, it just does it. Bad PowerPoint. BAD.

Whack it with a rolled up newspaper and send it to sit in a corner while you
read this:

PowerPoint 2007 makes pictures blurry, loses GIF animation
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00862.htm

Let us know if that solves the problem. You'll have to re-insert your animated
GIFs. Once they're compressed and de-animated, it's too late.

From: afdmello on
Thank you Steve and I also went to the site and did as told but still the
animation wont work.
When I insert the picture and view as show it works but even after I save
with unchecking the compress pictures it wont work
may be there is another bug????

Afd