From: "Dallas" Jagged on
Thanks & will consider using that one; I have used Chrome, Maxthon, & IE7/8
& so far, Opera is my fave. but seems IE8 should not have that as a feature
if they can't resolve it.

--
Dallas.....

Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP3, WMP11,
16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a regular
basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Window
Defender, BitDefender & Ccleaner

From: "Dallas" Jagged on
Thanks so much Glen - I will surely try this as I may then only need use the
one browser. Thanks again

--

"glee" <glee29(a)spamindspring.com> wrote in message
> "Dallas" <Jagged Edge(a)StillIStruggle> wrote in message
>> snip
>> i finally am giving ie8 a go - had been using ie7 & opera as my car ins.
>> site would not work on one & my credit union would not on the other -
>> snip
>
> I'm not a system with IE8 right now to check about your main question, but
> regarding the "side issue" with Opera not working on a site that works
> with IE7, try this:
>
> Go to the site using Opera, press the F12 key to bring up a context menu,
> and click "Edit Site Preferences" on the menu.
> Click the "Network" tab at the top, then click the drop-down list for
> "Browser Identification", select "Mask as Internet Explorer" and click OK.
> Leave the site and then return to it, and see if it works any better that
> way.
> (You can try "Mask as Firefox" if the first method doesn't work).
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
> A+
> http://dts-l.net/

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2