From: sunlite on
How to know whether any value of Cells in a Range of VB Spreadsheet control
were changed after they were saved last time in VB6?

the Dirty property can tell any changes after they were saved last time,even
a cell was got focused or the spreadsheet is resized.

But I just want to know whether the value of any cells in a Range were
changed, instead of other changes like focusing on a cell or resize the
spreadsheet Control.

thanks!

From: Helmut Meukel on
"Dee Earley" <dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On 05/07/2010 11:47, sunlite wrote:
>> [question about Spreadsheet Control ...]
>
> You've already been told a suitable place to ask these questions.
> The controls you have seem to be Excel specific so you are far more likely to
> get a reply in the Excel groups or from MS direct (if they support them)

Seems it came with Office XP (?) and it's part of the
Microsoft Office Web Components Object Models and
can be used with VBA.
The examples I found are for IE and VBS like this:
| To run this example, copy the remainder of the text in this topic into an HTML
page.

| <object id=ChartSpace1 classid=CLSID:0002E556-0000-0000-C000-000000000046
style="width:100%;height:350"></object>

| <script language=vbs>
| Sub Window_OnLoad()
I don't think it can be used in VB6, but I may be wrong on this. Anyone already
tried?Helmut. BTW, my newest Office is Office2000.

From: GS on
Helmut Meukel laid this down on his screen :
> "Dee Earley" <dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> On 05/07/2010 11:47, sunlite wrote:
>>> [question about Spreadsheet Control ...]
>>
>> You've already been told a suitable place to ask these questions.
>> The controls you have seem to be Excel specific so you are far more likely
>> to get a reply in the Excel groups or from MS direct (if they support them)
>>

> Seems it came with Office XP (?) and it's part of the
> Microsoft Office Web Components Object Models and
> can be used with VBA.
> The examples I found are for IE and VBS like this:
>> To run this example, copy the remainder of the text in this topic into an
>> HTML
> page.
>
>> <object id=ChartSpace1 classid=CLSID:0002E556-0000-0000-C000-000000000046
> style="width:100%;height:350"></object>
> |
> | <script language=vbs>
> | Sub Window_OnLoad()
> I don't think it can be used in VB6, but I may be wrong on this. Anyone
> already tried?Helmut. BTW, my newest Office is Office2000.

Helmut,
I tried working with this control some time ago and found it to be very
quirky when trying to use it as a spreadsheet. Apparently, (from what
I've been told by the Excel gurus) it's intended to be used as a tool
for displaying spreadsheet contents on the web. Unfortunately, it's
quite limited in features and you lose any features/functionality from
the source spreadsheet that aren't supported by the control.

Hence, I opted to use Farpoint's Spread control. An awesome tool to say
the least since it's a great substitute for much more than just making
spreadsheet apps!

--
Garry