From: Gary on
I have a communication device who's drivers have installed it as a comport
device in device manager (which it should). When you view the properties of
the comport device (double click the device as it is listed in device
manager) a custom properties page is displayed for the device by an
associated DLL for the device. I know this DLL is the property page because
I've obtained that info from the description of the DLL on the vendors
website.

My question is, how can I run or view this DLLs property page using VB6?
Maybe using rundll32? Thanks for any help.

Gary

From: Dee Earley on
On 05/07/2010 17:18, Gary wrote:
> I have a communication device who's drivers have installed it as a
> comport device in device manager (which it should). When you view the
> properties of the comport device (double click the device as it is
> listed in device manager) a custom properties page is displayed for the
> device by an associated DLL for the device. I know this DLL is the
> property page because I've obtained that info from the description of
> the DLL on the vendors website.
>
> My question is, how can I run or view this DLLs property page using VB6?
> Maybe using rundll32? Thanks for any help.

Just to clarify you want to shoe the property page for the *Device* and
not the DLL? It just happens to be hosted in the DLL which is largely
irrelevant...

I don't know the answer, but there should be a method to do this in the
Setup API (Deals with device enumeration, etc)

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems