From: kpg on
Hi all,

I'm currently use a listview in report mode and wanted something that
groups and had more features.

I converted to using sGrid 2.0 (actually 2.00.0040) but I keep having
problems with nulls showing up in column headers for no particular reason.
I have the source code but I'm not convinced it's the same version as the
ocx I'm using. Also I don't think I can get any support for it, the last
bug fix was in 2004. Rather then mess with this (and other potential bugs)
I'm ready to move on.

So in my search for an alternative I found iGrid by 10Tec based out of
Kyiv, Ukraine. (www.10tec.com)

I'm a little cautious of dealing with a non-US based company (xenophobic?)
but based on their demo their grid seems solid.

Anyway, looking for feedback and/or suggestions iGrid or for other grids to
try.

Price is an object, but I am willing to pay what I need to.

At a minimum I need grouping capabilities and the ability to add icons in
cells, plus the functionality of the listview in report mode. In the
future I may well add additional capabilities to take advantage of whatever
cool features the grid offers me.

Of course it needs to ba an AX, and this is for vb6.

Thanks,
kpg

From: hermann leinen on
I am using iGrid, and it's absolutely great!!!!!!!
Best purchase I ever did!!

From: kpg on
hermann leinen <h.leinen(a)gmx.de> wrote in

> I am using iGrid, and it's absolutely great!!!!!!!
> Best purchase I ever did!!

OK, good.

How long have you used it?

Are you using it in a commercial setting?

Have you had to deal with their support?

I'm interested in the stability of the product (which I supposed you
addressed with your enthusiastic review) and the quality/availability of
their support.

I have several hundred user running on every windows platform/environment
conceivable.

Thanks,
kpg

From: hermann leinen on
I have used it since 2 years now.
Yes, in a commercial environment. In 3 products.
I tried OsenXPSuite's grid before and sGrid2. Both crashed for me, and I
was too afraid to use them.
I also tried to improve sGrid2, but gave up after some months.
Yes, I have dealt with their support. It's good, very quick.
But I think after 1 year or so you have to buy an upgrade license if you
still want to use their support.
Stability is perfect, I did not ever manage to crash it.

Regards,
Hermann

From: kpg on

> I have used it since 2 years now.
> Yes, in a commercial environment. In 3 products.
> I tried OsenXPSuite's grid before and sGrid2. Both crashed for me, and
> I was too afraid to use them.
> I also tried to improve sGrid2, but gave up after some months.
> Yes, I have dealt with their support. It's good, very quick.
> But I think after 1 year or so you have to buy an upgrade license if
> you still want to use their support.
> Stability is perfect, I did not ever manage to crash it.

What I gathered from their site was that after the license expired
you could not get free upgrades. I suppose the support would be cut
off also. I don't expect to use their support; it's just that to me,
good support means they are actively interested (or at least want to
appear to be so) in the quality of their product.

thx for the response
kpg