From: Mario Schulz on
Hi,

i have some problems in my app ... i recive error´s like this from my
customers :

Datum : 10.06.2010 UhrZeit : 11:32:34 User : Kasse2
Error description :
Severity FEHLER
GenCode 13 -> No exported method
SubSystem -> BASE
FuncSym -> SEND FuncPtr 0x00000000
FError 0 = Successful completion
Arg -> DD_AUFWANDEL:__GETFORMSURFACE CanSubstitute -> NIL
Calling Stack :
00: 24 - Tools - GETCALLINGSTACK
01: 14 - dlgErrorHandler - DLGERRORHANDLER:PSHPRINT
02: 162 - McpErrorHandler - MCPERRORHANDLER
03: 4 - Controls - MYLISTBOX:INIT
04: 7 - m_Belege_Auftraege - DD_AUFWANDEL:INIT
05: 397 - m_Belege_Auftraege - AUFPOSTEMP:POSBUCH
06: 31 - m_Belege_Auftraege - DW_AUFTRAG:SPEICHERN
07: 329 - Start - CONCEPTWAWIAPP:APPSTART

i don´t know where the problem is or what can i do ...

after i restart the app all works fine... till some hours/day´s later i
recive again such error...

it is not only the dd_aufwandel window... the same error occurs on others...

can you tell me whats wrong or what can i do ?

thanks !

Mario

From: richard.townsendrose on
Mario

sounds like a memory issue ...

do you have an error trapper ? show the meonry in it.

also try this function ...

FUNCTION FWMemCheck()

BEGIN SEQUENCE

// In CAVO 2.0b4 _DynCheck() produces an error when a
// Bad PTR is placed in memory (Maybe it is a bug of _DynCheck()
// but it helps to point out the very start line of code with
// something wrong in it that ends later in a GPF)
// BTW can anyone verify this behavour!!

IF !_DynCheck()
// I've never got to this point. As I said _DynCheck() just
// produces an error itself when a Bad PTR is present...
ErrorBox{," Mem Error: "+NTrim( DynCheckError())}:Show()
BREAK
ENDIF

RECOVER
// Just in case _DynCheck() realy would do its work

IF !InCollect()
// This is the function that comes up with a GPF
// when the memory cannot be free of garbage
Collect()
ENDIF

END SEQUENCE

// Here is the key to the GPF origin detection:
// As soon as a Bad PTR is present in memory
// DynInfoUsed() shows how memory increases in size
// and never stops until a GPF happens

RETURN NIL

we also have a resource checker window ... email me for the code ..
shows memory status, and tables open etc etc.

as it lives "on top" one can check for resource leaks... like tables
not closing memory allocated and npt recovered etc.

email me for the code richard at tdoc dot net

richard
From: Geoff Schaller on
Mario,

Most likely you are passing a wrong owner to a window. You didn't show
us the line of code involved so how do you expect us to guess <g>.

(Why is it you guys don't show us the code!!!!!)

Cheers,

Geoff

PS - in your error calling stack, exclude those lines of the error
handler itself. The real error is on line 14 of PshPrint.

From: Nick Friend on
Yes and no <g>... the error is in "Controls - MYLISTBOX:INIT" and it
looks as though the owner doesn't exist at that moment.... either it's
been destroyed, or it hasn't been instantiated, or it's just plain
wrong!

Nick

From: Geoff Schaller on
No - the error isn't there at all.