From: Greg2fs on
Hello, I am developping a 3d game using directx 9 and I have it
randomly crashing on the DispatchMessage instruction, I tried to put a
"try { DispatchMessage( &msg ); } catch(char* err) { Log(err); }" but
it doesn't catch anything.
I looked everywhere but don't find any reason , can someone help me ?

Thanks
From: patrick on
On 29 déc, 16:13, Greg2fs <greg...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I am developping a 3d game using directx 9 and I have it
> randomly crashing on the DispatchMessage instruction, I tried to put a
> "try { DispatchMessage( &msg ); } catch(char* err) { Log(err); }" but
> it doesn't catch anything.
> I looked everywhere but don't find any reason , can someone help me ?

It's impossible to guess without code.
DispatchMessage() sends messages to the WndProc, then you should put
some BP inside your WndProc and debug it step by step..
From: Greg2fs on
I already checked teh proc but it's DispatchMessage witch crash
because the lastest log I get is just before DispatchMessage...
From: Greg2fs on
I checked the msg.message given to dispatchmessage and I saw it was to
1125 on crash, then I skip 1125 message and it seems not to crash no
more. What is this message ?
From: Christian ASTOR on
On 30 déc, 13:13, Greg2fs <greg...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I checked the msg.message given to dispatchmessage and I saw it was to
> 1125 on crash, then I skip 1125 message and it seems not to crash no
> more. What is this message ?

1125 is a custom message (WM_USER + 101)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms644931(VS.85).aspx