From: Thomas Gleixner on
Chris,

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010, Chris Metcalf wrote:

> This model is based on the on-chip interrupt model used by the
> TILE-Gx next-generation hardware, and interacts much more cleanly
> with the Linux generic IRQ layer.
>
> The change includes modifications to the Tilera hypervisor, which
> are reflected in the hypervisor headers in arch/tile/include/arch/.

can you please cc me on irq related changes ? Also I'd prefer a combo
patch of the irq code which lets me see the full story w/o going to
pull another git tree from somewhere.

Thanks,

tglx
From: Chris Metcalf on
On 6/25/2010 5:22 PM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> [...]
> can you please cc me on irq related changes ? Also I'd prefer a combo
> patch of the irq code which lets me see the full story w/o going to
> pull another git tree from somewhere.

Sure, I'll cc you going forward.

What kind of combo patch did you have in mind? Do you just want copies
of the arch/tile files relevant to irqs? I've attached irq.h and irq.c
to this email; the rest (e.g. smp.c) is pretty minimal and probably best
viewed in the diff context anyway.

I figured since the first round of tile-architecture changes has been
signed off on and is in linux-next, I should treat that as a baseline
when sending additional patches to LKML going forward. Maybe I'm
confused :-)

Thanks in advance for your review and any patch-process clarification
you can offer.
--
Chris Metcalf, Tilera Corp.
http://www.tilera.com

From: Thomas Gleixner on
On Fri, 25 Jun 2010, Chris Metcalf wrote:
> On 6/25/2010 5:22 PM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> > [...]
> > can you please cc me on irq related changes ? Also I'd prefer a combo
> > patch of the irq code which lets me see the full story w/o going to
> > pull another git tree from somewhere.
>
> Sure, I'll cc you going forward.
>
> What kind of combo patch did you have in mind? Do you just want copies
> of the arch/tile files relevant to irqs? I've attached irq.h and irq.c
> to this email; the rest (e.g. smp.c) is pretty minimal and probably best
> viewed in the diff context anyway.
>
> I figured since the first round of tile-architecture changes has been
> signed off on and is in linux-next, I should treat that as a baseline
> when sending additional patches to LKML going forward. Maybe I'm
> confused :-)

No, _I_ did not notice that the base stuff is in -next already :)

> Thanks in advance for your review and any patch-process clarification
> you can offer.

I have a look at the patches tomorrow when my brain is more awake.

Thanks,

tglx