From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Bob" <Bob(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> The only option I see is to use the Microsoft Backup on their desktops (XP
> professional), run a scheduled backup to - "Choose a place to save your
> backup", and put the archive.pst file on a server that way.

There's another way as well. As part of the login script, supply a BAT that
copies the PSTs on the local system to the server. Your normal server backups
will then have access to fairly new PSTs that aren't locked by Outlook while
still allowing Outlook to operate on local PSTs.

> Does that sound better/more safe and just pointing archive.pst file right
> to the server during the auto archive ?

It's not likely that an Archive PST on a network share will be damaged, but
why take the chance?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]