From: io_x on
i would, in a multithread application, one tread would push one button
of the application
i would post one message "click the Button ID ID_BUTTON"

PostMessage(windowhandle, WM_COMMAND, ID_BUTTON, ID_BUTTON)

is the above right way to do that?

PostMessage(windowhandle, WM_COMMAND, 1, ID_BUTTON)
PostMessage(windowhandle, WM_COMMAND, 0, ID_BUTTON)
not push the button

From: io_x on

"io_x" <a(a)b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
>i would, in a multithread application, one tread would push one button
> of the application
> i would post one message "click the Button ID ID_BUTTON"
>
> PostMessage(windowhandle, WM_COMMAND, ID_BUTTON, ID_BUTTON)

never mind, it is
PostMessage(windowhandle, WM_COMMAND, ID_BUTTON, 1)

From: io_x on

> "io_x" <a(a)b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
>>i would, in a multithread application, one tread would push one button
>> of the application
>> i would post one message "click the Button ID ID_BUTTON"
>>
>> PostMessage(windowhandle, WM_COMMAND, ID_BUTTON, ID_BUTTON)
>
> never mind, it is
> PostMessage(windowhandle, WM_COMMAND, ID_BUTTON, 1)

what about invent button never exist only for post messages:
example
PostMessage(windowhandle, WM_COMMAND, IDNonID, array_to_print_inMsg_err)

From: Dee Earley on
On 03/07/2010 06:16, io_x wrote:
> i would, in a multithread application, one tread would push one button
> of the application
> i would post one message "click the Button ID ID_BUTTON"
>
> PostMessage(windowhandle, WM_COMMAND, ID_BUTTON, ID_BUTTON)
>
> is the above right way to do that?
>
> PostMessage(windowhandle, WM_COMMAND, 1, ID_BUTTON)
> PostMessage(windowhandle, WM_COMMAND, 0, ID_BUTTON)
> not push the button

Why not just use your own message?

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
From: io_x on

> "io_x" <a(a)b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
>>
>> "io_x" <a(a)b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
>>>i would, in a multithread application, one tread would push one button
>>> of the application
>>> i would post one message "click the Button ID ID_BUTTON"
>>>
>>> PostMessage(windowhandle, WM_COMMAND, ID_BUTTON, ID_BUTTON)
>>
>> never mind, it is
>> PostMessage(windowhandle, WM_COMMAND, ID_BUTTON, 1)
>
> what about invent button never exist only for post messages:
> example
> PostMessage(windowhandle, WM_COMMAND, IDNonID, array_to_print_inMsg_err)

what about doing all the treads read-write to the subwindows
using only PostMessage() function?

could be ok only one subwindows is read-write from only one thread?

i had problem with the dialog function when using Sleep() so i convince
myself that in one dialog function never use Sleep(); all to be asycronus
all using postmessage() and easy and fast functions