From: "Peter" To reply please post another news on
I have a database created under Microsoft Office 2003 and Windows XP. Works
with no problem with Office 2003 and XP.

I have tried to load it on another PC with Microsoft Office 2007 and Windows
7. It will not load and locks the PC.

The error message is 'Your Microsoft Office Access database or project
contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'asctrls.ocx' version
1.0'

As I can't load this database on the new PC, I have no idea what to do.

Other databases I have transferred across work fine. Any suggestions
please?

thanks

From: Paul Shapiro on
"Peter" <To reply please post another news message> wrote in message
> I have a database created under Microsoft Office 2003 and Windows XP.
> Works
> with no problem with Office 2003 and XP.
>
> I have tried to load it on another PC with Microsoft Office 2007 and
> Windows
> 7. It will not load and locks the PC.
>
> The error message is 'Your Microsoft Office Access database or project
> contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'asctrls.ocx' version
> 1.0'
>
> As I can't load this database on the new PC, I have no idea what to do.
>
> Other databases I have transferred across work fine. Any suggestions
> please?

Your new computer needs the asctrls.ocx installed. From a quick web search,
it seems to be 'Active Setup Controls', maybe related to Internet Explorer,
or at least to older IE versions. Maybe the first try is to uncheck the
missing VBA reference (in a copy of your db), unless you're sure that
particular ocx is actually required in your code.

From: De Jager on

From: joelgeraldine on

"Peter" <To reply please post another news message> a �crit dans le message
de groupe de discussion :