From: John on
I'm trying to secure my database that is located on a network drive. I've
created my secure .mdw file and now I want to create short cut to make the
users automaticly sign in under that workgroup. My problem is some of the
people do not have Access installed in the same folder I do. Is there a way
to create the shortcut in such a way that it simply opens Access via whatever
user default method selected?

I've already tried programming the shortcut with out the link to access and
it will not trigger the workgroup, it only opens the database as normal.

Thanks in advance! (Using Access 2003)
From: golfinray on
Google "Tony Toews." He has a FE updater you would rpobably be interested in
that will automatically send your FE updates to the correct file on the
user's machine.
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

From: De Jager on

From: joelgeraldine on
(yè - ,op:ùmùmm

"John" <John(a)discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : 28C5FE7A-7EEF-44D1-BFC1-F0D700284910(a)microsoft.com...
> I'm trying to secure my database that is located on a network drive. I've
> created my secure .mdw file and now I want to create short cut to make the
> users automaticly sign in under that workgroup. My problem is some of the
> people do not have Access installed in the same folder I do. Is there a
> way
> to create the shortcut in such a way that it simply opens Access via
> whatever
> user default method selected?
>
> I've already tried programming the shortcut with out the link to access
> and
> it will not trigger the workgroup, it only opens the database as normal.
>
> Thanks in advance! (Using Access 2003)

Pages: 1
Prev: new messenger go
Next: 'asctrls.ocx' error