From: c676228 on
Hi all,

I am doing a migration for our web program from IIS 5.0 to IIS 6.0
One thing I was baffled is aspexec component.
I didn't change the code, but it seems the following code doesn't work
anymore in
IIS 6.0 in windows 2003

set Executor = Server.CreateObject("ASPExec.Execute")
Executor.Application = sDosCmd
sResult=Executor.ExecuteDosApp

the sResult actually give "ERROR: Could not create process"

I remember I have seen somebody posted on the internet that I need to set up
a web anonymouse account permission for aspexec.dll. but don't remember how.
Can someone out there help me out here?
Thank you

--
Betty
From: David Morgan on
This is a third party component and unlikely to be installed on your new
server.

http://www.serverobjects.com/
http://www.nodevice.com/dll/ASPEXEC_DLL/item1931.html

From: c676228 on
Hi David,
Based on the second page you provided, it seems that windows 2003 cannot
support aspexec. Is there any other similar component like aspexec I can find.
Thanks for your information.
--
Betty

From: Steven Cheng[MSFT] on
Hi Betty,

As David said, the "aspexec.dll" seems not built-in components. Therefore,
you can check your new IIS6 server to see whether it has been installed on
it.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

--------------------

From: c676228 on
Hi Steven,
Yes, I installed is specifically. I found a helpful link, but I haven't
tried that yet.
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=509220&page=191

I am not sure if our server is a virtual machine, it will make any
difference or not.
I will try it tomorrow. Does the information provided in t

--
Betty

"Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Betty,
>
> As David said, the "aspexec.dll" seems not built-in components. Therefore,
> you can check your new IIS6 server to see whether it has been installed on
> it.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Steven Cheng
>
> Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

> --------------------
> >From: =?Utf-8?B?YzY3NjIyOA==?= <betty(a)newsgroup.nospam>
> >Subject: aspexec is not working in IIS 6.0
> >Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 14:06:00 -0800
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I am doing a migration for our web program from IIS 5.0 to IIS 6.0
> >One thing I was baffled is aspexec component.
> >I didn't change the code, but it seems the following code doesn't work
> >anymore in
> >IIS 6.0 in windows 2003
> >
> >set Executor = Server.CreateObject("ASPExec.Execute")
> >Executor.Application = sDosCmd
> >sResult=Executor.ExecuteDosApp
> >
> >the sResult actually give "ERROR: Could not create process"
> >
> >I remember I have seen somebody posted on the internet that I need to set
> up
> >a web anonymouse account permission for aspexec.dll. but don't remember
> how.
> >Can someone out there help me out here?
> >Thank you
> >

> >--