From: skyler on
im now using windows 7 and am trying to figure out how to have formatted text
phrases that i use over and over again in email replys in outlook to
automatically fill in so i dont have to type them all out every time. used
to be auto text but now i cant figure out how it works in the windows 7
system. any help is greatly appreciated.
From: DL on
Assuming your using the same version of Office / Outlook as before nothings
changed by using Win7

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"skyler" <skyler(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> im now using windows 7 and am trying to figure out how to have formatted
> text
> phrases that i use over and over again in email replys in outlook to
> automatically fill in so i dont have to type them all out every time. used
> to be auto text but now i cant figure out how it works in the windows 7
> system. any help is greatly appreciated.

Quick parts. See
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/results.aspx?qu=quick+parts&sc=9
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: originalpie on
Here is the answer to your question. It involves Quick Parts and F3:

http://www.interworks.com/blogs/gbivens/2009/08/26/save-time-microsoft-word-2007-quick-parts-auto-text

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Bob W." <Bob W.(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> How can i get "quick parts" to be available in the Outlook 2007 fields
> "To...", "Cc..., or most importantly "Subject:" Insert Quick Parts is greyed
> out when the cursor is in one of those fields. Works fine in the body of
> the
> e-mail. I need it to work in the Subject: field.

I don't believe it will work in any of those fields.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]