From: kim on
I have created an Excel workbook which contains multiple worksheets of
financial data. what I need to know is How do I get the financial data
totals from work sheet 1 to auto-populate into worksheet # 2, from worksheet
#2 to #3, etc. ?
From: Don Guillett on
Maybe a redesign?

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett(a)gmail.com

From: Gord Dibben on
Copy/paste this UDF to a general module in your workbook.

Function PrevSheet(rg As Range)
n = Application.Caller.Parent.Index
If n = 1 Then
PrevSheet = CVErr(xlErrRef)
ElseIf TypeName(Sheets(n - 1)) = "Chart" Then
PrevSheet = CVErr(xlErrNA)
Else
PrevSheet = Sheets(n - 1).Range(rg.Address).Value
End If
End Function

Example of usage...................

Say you have 12 sheets, sheet1 through sheet12...........sheet names don't
matter.

In sheet1 you have a formula in A10 =SUM(A1:A9)

Select second sheet and SHIFT + Click last sheet

In active sheet A10 enter =SUM(PrevSheet(A10),A1:A9)

Ungroup the sheets.

Each A10 will have the sum of the previous sheet's A10 plus the sum of the
current sheet's A1:A9

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP