From: Shaun Eli on
As it turns out, the original audio on the mini DV tapes was fine, it
was when I loaded it into Windows MovieMaker that it became a mess!
And here I'd thought I'd finally found a Microsoft product that didn't
stink!

I re-edited the video using different software and it sounds much
better!

I'm still going to use the H-2 digital audio recorder that my brother
gave me-- it should do a great job recording me on two tracks and the
audience on the other two (it has mikes on both sides) but if I don't,
now at least I know that the camera itself may do at least a passable
job recording.
From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Shaun Eli" <missingchild(a)BrainChampagne.com> wrote in message
> As it turns out, the original audio on the mini DV tapes was fine, it
> was when I loaded it into Windows MovieMaker that it became a mess!
> And here I'd thought I'd finally found a Microsoft product that didn't
> stink!
>
> I re-edited the video using different software and it sounds much
> better!
>
> I'm still going to use the H-2 digital audio recorder that my brother
> gave me-- it should do a great job recording me on two tracks and the
> audience on the other two (it has mikes on both sides) but if I don't,
> now at least I know that the camera itself may do at least a passable
> job recording.

99% of all camera audio recordings are giving the rest of them a bad
reputation
George