From: Anthony Buckland on

"Patrick Keenan" <test(a)dev.null> wrote in message
>...(don't use CDs), ...

I'll say. A mere 7 Gby will use ten of the things. Once you move
into the dozens of any media, the management burden for
keeping track of the things becomes prohibitive, and the odds
of a successful restore plummet.

I remember three generations of equipment back, still using a
backup program of the time with diskettes. I got up to over a
hundred boxes of the things, each diskette with its own stickon
label to write on. The last time I did a thought experiment on
backing up my system of that time to diskettes, I found they would
fill my not-too-modest living room to the ceiling.

From: Greg Russell on
In news:9B407DBE-AD58-4CB4-95FA-4C4E834EE15B(a)microsoft.com,
Dan <Dan(a)discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> have run into a wall, backup apps that save permissions, whether
> you asked to save permissions or not.. pretty devastating?

Is it for you?