From: Starglider 4 on
Hi, can anyone give me a basic/easy way to create and inject a
flash banner into my Dreamweaver/html site?

Thanks,

MK

From: Your Name on

"Starglider 4" <x(a)pln.nl> wrote in message

> Hi, can anyone give me a basic/easy way to create and inject a
> flash banner into my Dreamweaver/html site?
>
> Thanks,
>
> MK

Don't waste your time. Flash is resource hungry, buggy rubbish and is
thankfully on the way out (although far too slowly).

Use a standard animated GIF image(s) if you must have an animated banner,
but they really just tend to be annoying.

Helpfull Harry :o)

From: Starglider 4 on

"Your Name" <your.name(a)isp.com> schreef in bericht

> "Starglider 4" <x(a)pln.nl> wrote in message
>>
>> Hi, can anyone give me a basic/easy way to create and inject a
>> flash banner into my Dreamweaver/html site?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> MK
>
> Don't waste your time. Flash is resource hungry, buggy rubbish and is
> thankfully on the way out (although far too slowly).
>
> Use a standard animated GIF image(s) if you must have an animated banner,
> but they really just tend to be annoying.

Allright,

So, what are the right alternatives?
Flash video?

From: Your Name on

> "Your Name" <your.name(a)isp.com> schreef in bericht
> >
> > "Starglider 4" <x(a)pln.nl> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Hi, can anyone give me a basic/easy way to create and inject a
> >> flash banner into my Dreamweaver/html site?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> MK
> >
> > Don't waste your time. Flash is resource hungry, buggy rubbish and is
> > thankfully on the way out (although far too slowly).
> >
> > Use a standard animated GIF image(s) if you must have an animated
banner,
> > but they really just tend to be annoying.
> >

> Allright,
>
> So, what are the right alternatives?
> Flash video?

I just use animated GIFs for small images. If you want actual video, then I
would go with Quicktime. You could also start looking at the new HTML5
standards that are being worked on which will do away with the need for
Flash too.

Another good reason not to use Flash is that it of course won't work on
Apple's iPod Touch / iPhone / iPad devices.

Helpfull Harry :o)

From: rocket625 on
On May 18, 12:40 pm, "Starglider 4" <x...(a)pln.nl> wrote:
> Hi, can anyone give me a basic/easy way to create and inject a
> flash banner into my Dreamweaver/html site?
>
> Thanks,
>
> MK

to inject flash:

use opt-cmd-f to navigate to the swf file, then hit ok it pops up in
your design pane and you strech it to fit.