From: simonc on
As the first command in a backup batch file I want to open a media management
console. I can do this with the command mmc followed by the path of a .msc
file which opens the media page. Before starting the backup I then need to
close mmc.exe. How do I do this from the batch file?

Grateful for advice.
From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"simonc" <simonc(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> As the first command in a backup batch file I want to open a media
> management
> console. I can do this with the command mmc followed by the path of a
> .msc
> file which opens the media page. Before starting the backup I then need to
> close mmc.exe. How do I do this from the batch file?
>
> Grateful for advice.

You could use taskkill.exe.