From: matt360z on

i have a problem with my computer, everytime i restart it, it goes to a
blue screen right away and nothing works even safe mode and i cant even
access my computer. While its loading its blue screened. Im not on my
computer with the blue screen problem, i have 2 computers and i have to
use this 1 because my other 1 with the blue screen wont start up no
matter what i do.

The problem message says:

STOP: 0x00000ED (0x8273FE30, 0xc000009c, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

please help i have no clue what to do, and i think its a software or a
device driver problem

From: surferdude2 on

Perhaps running chkdsk /r from the Recovery Console or a BartPE boot CD
may fix your problem.

From: Peter Foldes on
Matt

Take a look here
http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0xed
--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: Jose on
On Jun 18, 12:38 pm, matt360z <matt360z.4cs...(a)no.email.invalid>
wrote:
> i have a problem with my computer, everytime i restart it, it goes to a
> blue screen right away and nothing works even safe mode and i cant even
> access my computer. While its loading its blue screened. Im not on my
> computer with the blue screen problem, i have 2 computers and i have to
> use this 1 because my other 1 with the blue screen wont start up no
> matter what i do.
>
> The problem message says:
>
> STOP: 0x00000ED (0x8273FE30, 0xc000009c, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
>
> please help i have no clue what to do, and i think its a software or a
> device driver problem

If I saw that, I would follow the directions in this post:

There are happy campers in the commentary.

http://ramanathan.wordpress.com/2007/05/20/unmountable_boot_volume-error-stop-0x000000ed/

Looks kinda like yours, yes?

If you don't have a bootable XP installation CD, make a bootable
Recovery Console CD:

You can create a bootable XP Recovery Console CD when no XP media is
available by following the directions in this link:

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

<QP>
The following actions might prevent an error like this from happening again:

1. Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from
Windows Update.

2. Scan your computer for computer viruses.

3. Check your hard disk for errors.
</QP>
Source & more: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff560355(VS.85).aspx
--