From: joe on
Win XP Pro SP3

I have uninstalled Office and am trying Open Office for a while.

I Cannot do spell checking in Outlook Express, I assume it uses Word's spell
checker?

How can I spell check mail without Word installed ?

Any help appreciated.

Joe

From: Bruce Hagen on

"joe" <joe(a)ebox.com> wrote in message
> Win XP Pro SP3
>
> I have uninstalled Office and am trying Open Office for a while.
>
> I Cannot do spell checking in Outlook Express, I assume it uses Word's
> spell checker?
>
> How can I spell check mail without Word installed ?
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Joe

OE 6 does not come with it's own spell check. You need Word or an MS
Office program, pre 2007. The spell checker in Works 4 through 6 will work
with OE, but not other editions. If you do not have such a program, you
can download a free spell check at one of these sites.

Vampirefo Spell Check.

Download it from Major Geeks:

Or download it from SnapFile:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/spelloe.html

Or you may like TinySpell. (Checks the spelling as you type).

Download it here:
http://www.tinyspell.m6.net/
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: Bruce Chambers on
joe wrote:
> Win XP Pro SP3
>
> I have uninstalled Office and am trying Open Office for a while.
>
> I Cannot do spell checking in Outlook Express, I assume it uses Word's spell
> checker?

Correct, Outlook Express was designed to use Microsoft Office's spell
checker.

> How can I spell check mail without Word installed ?

Keep a dictionary handy, or try to find a 3rd party software solution
via Google.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: