From: Bruce Chambers on
Badger wrote:
> Joe,
> Open Office.org 3 has a spell checker.

While that's true, it won't help the OP; OE requires the spell checker
of Microsoft Office or one of that suite's applications.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
From: Badger on
OK, Bruce,

He may still be able to use one of the free spell checkers from Major Geeks.
I've used them before on Outlook Express.

Badger

From: joe on
Thanks guys. I did indeed get a spell checker from Major Geeks and it works
just fine.
As an aside, it is amazing how similar to the Microsoft Office apps are the
OPen Office apps. Identical in many respects. And free!

From: Bob I on

joe wrote:
> Thanks guys. I did indeed get a spell checker from Major Geeks and it works
> just fine.
> As an aside, it is amazing how similar to the Microsoft Office apps are the
> OPen Office apps. Identical in many respects. And free!

You have it backwards, it's the open office apps that are similar, and
sort of compatible.

From: SC Tom on